I am a Thermomix Advisor living in the Wirral, UK. Please contact me if you would like me to demonstrate the machine to you or if you are interested in becoming a Thermomix Advisor yourself.
fhstafford7@gmail.com
☎ 07812925950
follow me on facebook

Monday 4 July 2016

Pork with Mustard Sauce followed by Gooseberry Fool


I tweaked a recipe from the Basic Cook Book for this meal.
I sauteed an onion in a frying pan and then browned the 'Pork Cubes.
I then made the sauce, from the Recipe Book, in a pan.
I weighed out 100g Milk, 2 Teaspoons of Wholegrain Mustard, a Chicken Stock Cube,1/2 Teaspoon of salt, some Pepper, 2 Tablespoons of Cream and 1 Tablespoon of Cornflour.
I mixed the Sauce Ingredients for a few seconds at Speed 7 and then poured it over the Pork and Onion. It was so well mixed that it thickened up without any lumps.


One of the ways that you save money with a Thermomix is by using up excess ingredients or left overs instead of throwing them away
My son came home with some Gooseberries from a lady that he does gardening for.I immediately thought of making Gooseberry Fool as I had some defrosted Double Cream in the fridge that needed using up.
I had 320g Gooseberries, so adapting a Mary Berry Recipe, I added 35g Butter, 1 Tablespoon of Elderflower Cordial,3 tablespoons of Caster Sugar. I cooked them in the Mixing Bowl for 10minutes/ 100c/ Speed 1 Reverse and let them cool down in a Bowl.
I then mixed them with the Double Cream for 10seconds/ speed 3.
If you want a thicker Fool then I suggest whipping the Double Cream with the Whisk Attachment first before adding the cooled Gooseberries.


No comments:

Post a Comment