I am a Thermomix Advisor living in the Wirral, UK. Please contact me if you would like me to demonstrate the machine to you or if you are interested in becoming a Thermomix Advisor yourself.
fhstafford7@gmail.com
☎ 07812925950
follow me on facebook

Wednesday 29 June 2016

Spaghetti Bolognese the Thermie Way



It was great to adapt one of my regular meals to the Thermomix and save myself some money by making my own Ragu Sauce.
I thought that I would start by showing you the finished result.


First you put one Onion, quartered, 2 Cloves of Garlic,peeled, a teaspoon of Oregano and a teaspoon of  Basil into the TM Bowl and chop for 4 seconds on speed 7.


Then you add 20g Olive Oil 400g Minced Beef, Salt and Pepper to taste and cook for 10 minutes/ Varoma Temperature/ on reverse blade spoon speed (40 revolutions per minute.) ( Turbo speed is 10,700 revolutions per minute!)
Then you drain off the fat by holding the Simmering Basket in place over the mixture with the Spatula.
Below is The fat I drained off. This is one reason why Thermomix Cooking is healthy!


Add 700g Tomato Passata and 2 heaped tablespoons of Tomato Puree and cook for 20 minutes/ 100c/ reverse,spoon speed. I used 500g Passata and a Tin of Chopped Tomatoes. See Below.
I think that next time I will just use Passata as stated in the Recipe so that the sauce is a bit thicker.


Cook for 20 minutes/ Varoma Temperature/ Spoon Speed, Reverse.
Below is the result. All the family liked it.
To make Chilli Con Carne just add 1 - 2 teaspoons of Chilli Powder and a drained Can of Kidney Beans for the final 20 minutes cooking.



No comments:

Post a Comment