I am a Thermomix Advisor living in the Wirral, UK. Please contact me if you would like me to demonstrate the machine to you or if you are interested in becoming a Thermomix Advisor yourself.
fhstafford7@gmail.com
☎ 07812925950
follow me on facebook

Saturday 25 June 2016

Chicken with Creamy Vegetable Sauce


Two nights ago I decided to try the Chicken with Creamy Vegetable Sauce Recipe from the Basic Cookery Chip that comes with the Thermomix. First I placed slices of Chicken Breast on the Varoma Tray and seasoned them with salt and pepper.


I then placed water, carrots, and a Chicken Stock Cube into the Mixing Bowl. The recipe included celeriac and celery leaves but I did not have these to hand. I placed the Varoma Tray on the Mixing Bowl and put the lid on. I then cooked it for 20 minutes/Varoma/speed 1.


While that was cooking I weighed out (on top of the Varoma lid!) 40g plain flour,100g cream,1 tsp of Worcester Sauce and 1 tsp of lemon juice into separate bowls. I then had time to do other things while the Thermomix did the cooking.



There are many safety features of the Thermomix. One of which is that it automatically has an 8 second cooling down period after cooking food.
Below is a photo of the meal plated up after I had added the extra ingredients above cooked for 1 minute/100c/speed 6 and I then added 60g butter 1 min/80c/speed 2.
There was too much sauce for 4 people and it tasted a bit bland. That was my fault for not adding the celeriac,celery leaves and mushrooms. The texture of the sauce was smooth and creamy.
I would like to do this recipe again but I will get all of the ingredients and reduce the amount of sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment