I am a Thermomix Advisor living in the Wirral, UK. Please contact me if you would like me to demonstrate the machine to you or if you are interested in becoming a Thermomix Advisor yourself.
fhstafford7@gmail.com
☎ 07812925950
follow me on facebook

Wednesday 22 June 2016

Salmon,Asparagus,Green Beans and New Potatoes with Hollandaise Sauce


I decided tonight that I would jazz up the usual Salmon Recipe by making a Hollandaise Sauce.
First I weighed out the New Potatoes on the Thermie Scales and placed them in the Simmering Basket.I then measured out 500g of water into the bowl with a teaspoon of salt.


Next, I placed the salmon fillets on the Varoma Tray,sprinkled them with some lemon juice and added some salt and pepper.


I then set the time to 20 minutes, Temperature Varoma and the speed to 1.


I had already put the Asparagus and Green Beans in the Varoma Dish making sure that I had left some vents free.


This is what 4 layer cooking looks like. Instead of using 3 rings and the oven I am using the power of only one Halogen ring.


Once the salmon and veg had cooked I set it aside while I made the Hollandaise Sauce in a flash!
I adapted a Mary Berry Recipe as she had only used 125g of butter and the Thermomix Basic Cook Book Recipe used 250g which would have added a bit to our waist lines.
First you melt the butter and put it in a separate container. Then you attach the Butterfly Whisk and whisk 3 egg yolks with 2 tsps lemon juice and 2 tsps white wine vinegar 2 mins/70c/speed 4.
Now is the clever bit.The fancy term is Emulsifying.You pour the melted butter slowly on to the lid of the Thermomix while it is running(4-5 mins/70c/speed 4) It drizzles down on to the egg mixture in a thin stream on to the rotating blades to create an emulsion.
Serve immediately or as Alan Murchison recommends keep it warm by setting the time to 60 minutes/60c/speed 2-3.


And voila,the result perfectly smooth Hollandaise Sauce with little effort applied!

No comments:

Post a Comment